Western Web Technologies, Inc.
Custom website design for your business! Your website is an important part of your business and WWT works to make your website a reflection of your business. Whether you are too busy to do your own website or you just don't want to ... WWT takes care of the website for you!
Marketing and Educating. Your website never sleeps and never takes a vacation. It represents you 24 hours a day and potential customers can find information about your products and services at any time they wish. Plus, if you're doing it right, it also educates your customers about your industry, your products and your services. Don't miss this golden opportunity to do so.
Level the Field
Whether you're a 1 person shop or a 1,000 employee business, the web helps level the playing field. In fact, I think smaller businesses have an advantage on the web because if you have a very professional website that engages your customers, they may even think your single person firm has 100 employees.
Web Page Maintenance
Four Reasons Why Regular Web Maintenance is Important
(1) Fresh material added regularly to your site keeps visitors coming back to see what's new. Some sites are constantly updated by the natural activity of their business, such as news, real estate, classified ads or online catalogs. However every site should routinely feature creative new content, text, graphics or images, to build the traffic of repeat visitors. Some sites add such features as scrolling news headlines, current time/temperature, discussion boards, or ad-your-own-link pages to stimulate a growing viewership. By all means, don't limit your web to a static, stale presentation. Spending the time and resources to maintain freshness, usefulness and relevancy will reap a tremendous dividend.
(2) Websites must continually evolve and be refined to meet the increasing demands of your audience or client base, as well as reflect the progressing technologies and new browser versions. As time goes by, you may see the usefulness of adding a search tool, automated forms, a mailing list database or other interactive functions. You may discover better ways to organize your information or improve the usability of your site. You may also come up with more features to add which do nothing more than help provide some benefit to your visitors, which is a sure-fire way to build a rapport with future clients or customers.
(3) The success of your website is largely dependent on whether people can find your site from a search engine or link index. Such directories are constantly changing the way they rank and display sites, and some search engines will not index your site at all unless your pages contain appropriate meta tags, well-structured content or error-free HTML code. This all requires on-going supervision and interaction to assure that your site remains listed properly.
(4) There should always be a constant technical supervision of your site to keep it running smoothly. Just like in all other aspects of life's journey, the cyber-highway also has it's pot-holes and road hazards. You want to make sure your host server is always doing what it's supposed to, that your files and file directory structures remain intact, and that all your links are still functional. You should also review a regular report of site statistics, to see how much traffic you are getting, where it's coming from, in order to evaluate the overall effectiveness of your web. Anyone who relies on their site for business purposes should have it monitored daily.
So, how can you keep your website content fresh?
There are several ways of keeping the content of your website fresh. Here are a few ideas.
1. Incorporate a blog on your website
A blog is a great way of adding new content on a regular basis, even if it's just once a week. If you're not sure what to talk about, think about the industry you're in and what your potential customers might be searching for online. You might choose to comment on a news story that relates to your sector, or maybe discuss upcoming industry events. Either way, blog posts have several benefits as they not only keep your website fresh and drive more traffic to your website, but they can also help your company to establish its position as one of the 'voices' of your industry.
2. Include a news section on your website
Even if you don't think your company has much news, there is always something interesting going on in most companies that could warrant a news story. You might have just served your 1,000th customer, you might have attended an industry training event, some members of staff could be taking part in a charity event, you might have launched a new product or taken on a new member of staff. Any of these could form the basis of a news story which helps to keep your website content fresh and attract more customers to your website. Remember, even if you don't think your news is that exciting, a news article relevant to your industry will help keep your website popular with the search engines, and that's what is important.
3. Add images or videos to your website
A gallery page is a great way of not only adding fresh content to your website but also of demonstrating what your company can do. This type of page could be updated regularly, each time you complete a project. Similarly, videos are another good way of adding fresh content to your website. Video clips could be of anything from short tutorials to product demonstrations. And even though search engines don't actually search photos and videos, you can add a description for each one, providing the search engines with fresh content to view each time you add a new one.
4. Include client testimonials on your website
Adding client testimonials to your website is a good way of adding fresh content regularly, especially if you have a lot of customers and regularly receive good feedback. And as well as being a good way of adding more content, positive feedback looks great to prospective new customers.